When considering the future staffing needs of your healthcare facility, it's important to understand industry trends. A recent survey conducted by the Physicians Foundation gives us some insight into the current physician staffing climate, and may give you yet another reason to explore locum tenens as an option for your facility.
According to the survey, which polled over 17,000 U.S. physicians:
- 47.8 percent of physicians plan to retire sooner than originally planned
- 21.4 percent of physicians plan to cut back on hours in the next 3 years
- 13.5 percent of physicians plan to seek a non-clinical job in the next 3 years
- 9.8 percent physicians plan to work part-time in the next 3 years
- 7.5 percent physicians plan to cut back on patients seen in the next 3 years
To learn more about how locum tenens could be a viable solution for your current and future physician staffing needs, contact a recruiter at Health Carousel Locum Tenens today.