Working locum assignments is a great way to meet new coworkers, earn extra income, break away from office politics, and have the opportunity to travel. However, before you accept a position, always remember to compare locum tenens jobs by considering what matters most to you and trusting your instincts.
What matters to you?
Everyone chooses to work locum tenens jobs for different reasons. Some providers want to earn extra income, while others are interested in travel opportunities. It's important to decide what matters most to you while maintaining realistic expectations. Below is a list of just some of the things to consider:
- Pay rate: This depends on your specialty and the location of the facility
- Location: You can choose to work in rural or urban settings.
- Opportunity to expand your clinical skills: This may be more important to you if you are at the beginning of your physician career.
- Malpractice insurance: Most agencies offer this to their locum tenens providers.
- Travel and housing: Some agencies assist with getting you to and from your assignment.
- Overall experience with the agency: You want to make sure that you have a representative that is responsive to your questions and is dedicated to finding you the right job that meets your needs.
Trust Your Instincts
As with many decisions in life, the best thing to do is to trust your instincts. Once you have the knowledge and resources to know what you are looking for when comparing locum tenens jobs, select the one that seems like the best option for you you.
Ready to find your next locum assignment? Contact us today.